This is not a post about how I’ve perfected the art of time management! On the contrary, learning to efficiently manage my time is a daily struggle…some days I complete all my tasks and even have time to kick back and relax but on most days I procrastinate and stare at my instagram account all morning (don’t judge me…you know you do it too..lol!). Just like everything in life, working from home can be a double edge sword….here are 5 things I do to stay on track and motivated.
- GET OUT OF THE HOUSE IN THE MORNING: Through a bit of trial and error I quickly realized that waking up and immediately grabbing the laptop all morning wasn’t doing me any good. I’m a morning person so getting out of the house is a must. A short walk to my fave coffee shop usually does the trick!
- EXERCISE: You’ve all heard it before…working out is necessary for a well-balanced life. Taking a class at one of the many amazing studios in the city is the only time I carve out just for me. I love getting a good sweat session in to clear my head and make me feel like a badass.
- LEARN TO SAY NO: Now that I’m home it’s so easy to meet friends and family during all times of the day because your schedule is obviously more flexible…however, you must learn to say no because even though you may think you have “all” this “time”, you actually don’t. I try to treat this as a 9-5pm ( which obviously isn’t-I’m literally engaged in all aspect of this business 24/7…but we will discuss this some other time..lol) and only make myself available during breakfast or lunch.
- MAKE A DAILY “TO DO LIST”: It only works if you actually make one and stick to it…I sometimes forget..but when I do remember it feels so damn good to get it all done by the end of day.
- HAVE MULTIPLE WORK SPACES: I get bored easily and constantly look to be inspired by my surroundings so I try to change my works space every few days. On most days I’m home but once or twice a week I work from a coffee shop with fellow blogger friend @layersofchic . Moving around helps me stay focus and inspired. 🙂