It’s 2017 and we may only be a few days into the New Year but I have a great feeling about this one. And yes, there is a chance I could just be super optimistic about it all but the difference this year is that I actually feel differently already. Here is my top 5 resolutions for this year – show me some love and tell me in the comments below what yours are! 🙂
1. TAKE THINGS UP A NOTCH: What does that mean? I’ll admit that the growth of my blog is proportionate to my personal growth. A lot has changed since I started blogging two years ago so it’s time to shake things up a bit and get more bold with my content – expect more on fashion, travel and giving back.
2. LESS SOCIAL MEDIA CONNECTION: This is a tricky one because part of my day-to-day routine is to make sure you all have up to date content information in ALL of your social media outlets..but I realized that a designated time could be allotted instead of just connecting all day (which I totally do…all the time). I just returned from Cuba and we used the internet twice (for a few minutes) because internet is practically non-existent in the entire country and I can’t tell you how amazing it felt to take a break from all digital connection. So for this year, I would like to take daily breaks and disconnect as much as I can without letting it affect my work.
3. START MEDITATING AND ACTUALLY STICK TO IT: This has been on my list before and it will continue to be until I decide to make it a part of my daily life. There is no doubt in my mind that mediation helps my mind, body and soul feel better.
4. READ MORE: The list of books I want to read keeps growing and growing because I no longer take the time to read. I may start a “one book a month” type of thing just to hold myself accountable.
5. ACTUALLY FINISH DECORATING MY HOME: Thomas and I have lived in our apartment for 6 years and we have yet to finish decoration our home. Do you know what that’s called?! It’s called being lazy. I have so many ideas but never follow through with them! I always have some excuse about us not needing to decorate because we will move etc…and here we are 6 years later with nothing on our living room wall. This year, Thomas and I promised each other that we will finish decoration and make this the home we want it to be. Hmmm, maybe I’ll even do a post when is done…maybe it will hold us accountable! Any thoughts?!