As Thomas and I finish off our latest trip – I thought it would be helpful to make a list of tips/reminders to keep in mind next time you book a hotel. I sometimes feel that we over look the resources that hotels offer. When you embark on your vacations, you want to feel at ease and well taken care of since you spend a lot of money staying at these properties while you’re away from the comforts of your home.
Next time you book your vacation – don’t forget to keep these tips in mind:
- Free Airport Pick-up: This is a great one – as it avoids you the hassle of getting a cab in a foreign country! Taxi cabs are usually over priced at the airport and if you do have Uber available in the country you’re visiting, it can be tricky to connect to the wifi at the airport to use it so Thomas and I always ask if the hotel we stay in offers pick-up and drop-off.
- Complimentary Car Service: Yes, that’s correct – some hotels like the 1 Hotel or St. Regis have complimentary car service to drive you to the attractions you want to see during your stay. It’s first come first serve but this service is definitely a highlight!
- Access to a club lounge: If you’re Starwood member then some of the hotels under that membership have fancy lounges that only you can access as members during your stay. When we traveled to Dubai 2 years ago – the hotel we stayed in ( Grosvenor House ) had a beautiful lounge that offered free breakfast, small bites for dinner and cocktails – it was probably the best perk of the hotel!
- Ask about a point system: If you travel often and have a hotel brand you love then this might be worth it. We love traveling on points because it makes the money we spend worth it since we know we will get something in return. Sometimes having a membership alone can qualify you for a free room upgrade and who doesn’t love those!
- Concierge Service: I don’t know about you but the first thing I do is sit with concierge and ask them a ton of questions. The staff in this role is hopefully a local in the area that can give you a ton of tips that you can’t find online or better yet can save you hours of research!
Hope you found these tips useful – let me know if this is something you’re interesting in me doing more of! xo